Thursday, December 20, 2018

10 weeks, part 3


A little rain fell this morning so the GPS satellite launch was scrubbed. It is rescheduled for Saturday at 8:55 a.m. Keeping my fingers crossed.

After the rain let up this afternoon, it was a REALLY warm 80 degrees so I decided to take a walk on the beach to see the ocean.

 As I walked toward the beach, the clouds held the portent of more rain, but I was curious to see the ocean in these conditions.


And the sea billows roll...

The jetty pier had waves crashing into it to the north.

See the black cloud down by the Cocoa Beach pier in the other direction.


I could tell something was coming because the birds were agitated.








Then there was a turkey vulture picking at some carrion on the beach.

He took flight as I approached.



The remains of this stingray are what he was feasting on.

Washed up on the shore was part of a palm tree trunk.

 The cloud was heading my way, and I knew it would soon rain.





 On the way back a hawk was sitting atop a light pole.


 The pools were closed by the time I got back due to the rain, and the temperature had dropped.






No comments:

Post a Comment