Monday, October 19, 2015

Colonoscopy chronicles--day of procedure

Last night about 4 hours after taking the laxative cleanse, I was able to go a half hour or more without any elimination. I drank 32 oz. of apple juice for a late supper. By the time I went to bed  2 hours after that, I had gone an hour between bouts on the toilet. I didn't wake up in the night with the urgency to go--just normal once or twice overnight.

This morning I got up at 5:00 and took my high blood pressure medicine. Half an hour later I mixed the second dose of SUPREP. Knowing how it tasted made it a little harder to get it down. I think I shuddered more this time from the taste. I also drank 32 more oz. of H2O as prescribed.

Exactly 15 minutes later I began passing the water through my intestines. There isn't any abdominal discomfort because, hey, it's only water.

No comments:

Post a Comment